Rod & Gun Club
Westminster Rod and Gun Club Range Rules 2019
This is a listing of the major rules and concerns while using the range. You should always use common sense with handling firearms.
- It is a member’s responsibility to be properly licensed for any firearm in their possession.
- As a member it is your responsibility to see that your guest follows the rules.
- It is required that you and your guest sign in and out of the range book that is located on the post near the target box.
- You must obey all warning signs.
- Please be considerate of our neighbors. Do not make any unnecessary noise at unreasonable hours.
- It is never safe to shoot any firearm into the air. This includes shotguns.
- Do not shoot targets on the ground, all targets must be elevated 24" to ensure safety.
- It is against club rules to trap or skeet shoot.
- When shooting with two or more participants; someone must be appointed as the range officer and use the commands listed below. In an organized shoot the range master will use these same commands.
- Mandatory eye & ear protection.
- Load your weapons.
- Weapons on the table.
- Ready on the left.
- Ready on the right.
- Cease fire.
- Clear your weapons.
- Line is safe.
- Keep firearm action open.
- No one is to be holding or handling any weapon while anyone is down range.
- There is to be no alcohol or illegal drug use before or during using the firing range.
- No one is to shoot at the telephone poles that mark the impact zone. You cannot hang targets on the poles.
- Use only proper targeting materials.
- No shooting at glass bottles or appliances of any kind
- YOU MUST CLEAN YOUR MESS WHEN YOU ARE DONE.
These rules were voted into effect by the members on October 9, 2011